Danish restaurant in Copenhagen
Looking for traditional Danish food made with class and respect for Danish gastronomy and history? At our Danish restaurant in Copenhagen we put an honour in every single serving. In our menu you will find the best smorrebrod in Copenhagen, steak and the danish national dish stegt flæsk med persillesovs (fried slices of pork with parsley sauce). Be our guests and look further in our menu offering traditional danish food.
The Classic 200 g ground beef-bacon-cheddar cheese-tomato-red onion-pickles-salad served with pommes frites 129,-
BBQ w/lettuce, tomato, red onions, cheddar, bacon, sauteed onions and homemade BBQ-sauce. Served with hand-cut fries w/chilimayo 135,-
LUNCH SPECIALITY Vitas luxury christmas platter Curried herring Egg and shrimps Breaded fillet of fish with homemade remoulade Roastbeef Rib roast with red cabbage North Sea cheese Served with ryebread and white bread 188,-
Open faced sandwiches – smorrebrod in copenhagen
- Vitas homemade curried heering Egg-red onion-capers-ryebread
- Marinated heering Red onion-capers-apple-chives-ryebread
- Dream herring Mayonnaise-cream fraise-onion-anchovy – ryebread
- Christianssøpigens heering Egg yolk-red onion-capers-ryebread
- Eggs and shrimps Smiling egg-shrimps-tomato-mayonnaise- ryebread
- Breadet fillet of fish Homemade remoulade-lemon-ryebread
- Potato Mayonnaise-date tomato-red onion-chives-ryebread
- Chicken salad Plucked chicken – celery cream sponges – herbs – crushed chicken skin – ryebread
- Danish meatballs ”Frikadeller” Meatballs- red cabbish–pickles-ryebread
- Roastbeef Fried onions-homemade remoulade-horseradish-ryebread
1.pcs 69,- / 2 pcs. 139,- / 3 pcs. 189,-
Offer can not be shared
Warm & light dishes at our danish restaurant
White wine steamed mussels 500 g mussels-parsley-garlic 100,-
With pommes frites +35,-
Shooting star Steamed and fried plaice Shrimps-asparagus-roe-salad-white bread 129,-
Parisian beef 200 g ground beef-pickles-red onion-beet root-horseradish-egg yolk 125,-
Pasta with chicken Chicken-tagliatelle-mushrooms-parmesan 120,-
Caesar Salad Skin fried young rooster-rustic bread croutons-parmesan-real caesar dressing 125,-
Meunièrefried Sole Peapure-capers-baby potatoes-browned butter 199,-
Ribeye 200g with pommes frites and bearnaise butter 179,-
Avocado Avocado-garlic cream cheese
Shrimp salad Handpeeled shrimp- mayonnaise dill on white bread 79,-
A selection of 3 danish heerings 125,-
A selection of 3 danish cheeses 129,-
Carlsberg Pilsner 39,-/59,-/79,-
Tuborg Classic 39,-/59,-/79,-
Jacobsen Brown Ale 69,-
Nordic Gylden Bryg 39,-
India Pale Ale 69,-
Læskedrik & Sodavand 32,-/49,-
1. Lobstersoupe 99,-
4. Season mushroom toast e.g. chanterelles with apple vinegar on white homemade bread 95,-
6. Snails in garlic butter 85,-
7. Smoked salmon w/herb cream and pea sprouts 85,-
8. Shrimp cocktail – Hand-peeled shrimps with roe, date tomato and lemon 85,-
9. Mille-feuille of cod and smoked salmon with lobster bisque 95,-
10.Fried liver of veal with bacon, mushrooms, fried onions, white potatoes and gravy 155,-
11. Fried slices of pork with parsley sauce, served with beetroot and small potatoes 149,-
12. 250 g Ribeye steak with handcut french fries and bearnaise sauce 228,-
13. Wienersnitzel with peas, pommes sauté and „dreng“ 179,-
15. Vita’s stew with beef, fried sausages, bacon, mushrooms and handcut fries 155,-
17. Mushroom bulgur in creamy soup (Vegetarian) 145,-
18. Old fashioned roast duck with prunes, apples, homemade cucumber relish, red cabbage relish, white potatoes and caramelled potatoes 185,-
19. Meniuére fried Sole served with a sauté of capers and pea puré, brown butter, lemon and potatoes 239,-
21. Vitas Steak, 200 g steak of tenderloin with handcut french fires and bearnaise sauce 235,-
39. Pork roast with crisp pork rind and all the trimmings 159,-
347. Fried slices of pork all you can eat 159,-
On the side
Pommes frites 35,-
Green salad with baked tomatoes, bread croutons and sennepsvinaigrette 45,-
393. Lemon sufflé 75,-
398. Vanilla parfait served with poached pear, hazelnuts and salted caramel sauce 75,-
395. French chocolate cake 75,-
400. Creme brulée 75,-
396. Oldfashioned applekompot 75,-
393. Carlsberg Pilsner 39,-/59,-/79,-
394. Tuborg Classic 39,-/59,-/79,-
395. Jacobsen Brown Ale 69,-
396. Nordic Gylden Bryg 39,-
397. Grimbergen 69,-
398. India Pale Ale 69,-
399. Julebryg 39,-/59,-/79,-
33. Læskedrik & Sodavand 32,-/49,-
The history of the old Royal-Pharmacy
How we went for a Royal-Pharmacy to a danish restaurant in Copenhagen serving traditional danish food.
Old Royal Pharmacy was created in 1669 and is the oldest pharmacy in Copenhagen. Under Frederick III a pharmacie; Johan Gottfried Becker 1668 served as the Royal. Hof Pharmacie and he opened the Elephant Pharmacy. From this pharmacy medication delivery to the Danish court continuously been linked. In over 175 years the pharmacy has belonged to the Becker family which in 1845 was sold to cand. pharm. Lauritz Ørnstrup and in 1977 it was reinvented as Restaurant Vita. At the 250 year anniversary in 1919 pharmacies H. Chr. Helweg- Mikkelsen wrote an anniversary defense which ends with the words:
And we look back over the past half century, we must rightly say that the bright prosperous days has been in majority. May it be the norm for the old pharmacy in coming days.
Book your table
Book your table today at Restaurant Vita.
Click the button to proceed
We are open Christmas eve
The 26.12.16 we open for our Christmas buffet. We open from 11.30.
Christmas Eve Menu
We start with a glass of bubbles
with herb creme and fresh pee shoots them served homemade bread
Old-fashioned roast duck and roast pork
with prunes, apples, homemade cucumber salad, red cabbage and brown and white potatoes.
Price 495, – per person
We are open on Christmas Day and 26 December for Christmas lunch where we offer our traditional Christmas buffet.
Restaurant Vitas New Year
We serve the following new year menu:
We start with a glass of bubbles
The delicate löjrom is served with blinis, dill and lemon cream and fine chopped red onions.
Rosa fried beef tenderloin
Served with baked onions and Jerusalem artichoke with crushed potato and parsley sauce.
Passion fruit sorbet
served with chocolate ganache rolled in cocoa and pickled plums for this crispy almond flake and enjoyed crumble.
We welcome our guests in 2 different seatings.
First seat at 17:00 – 20:00
Second seat at 20:00 to 23:30
Remember to write seating in your order.
There will be live piano music to create the mood.
Payment must be made in advance.
We also serve this new year menu as a takeaway.
Can be picked up before 18:00.
Please order this directly at 33 11 80 11